This is not going to be a Node bashing post. Instead I want to reflect on some of the struggles I had building a new version of a CLI (Command Line Utility) that I wrote in Python over to Node. For reasons why I wanted to do this, please read my previous post Creating a Command Line Utility With node.js.
One of the great things about being a programmer and learning to program is that it is great at helping us be lazy. When I say lazy I don't mean in the literal sense where you sit around and do nothing all day, but in the sense that it helps you find ways to do things in a more automated way because you are too lazy to keep repeating the same things over and over.
I was recently updating some of my Personal/Public Unity Libraries. I use SourceTree for most of my GIT work. One, because I am old, and don't like using the command line much anymore, and two because they have a really slick interface for using the GitFlow methodology, which I "try" to follow.
So, I tried to initialize the GitFlow for the project folder, but alas, I was missing my MASTER branch. I had removed it after pushing my DEVELOP branch to GitLab.